Friday, June 8, 2018

At Least Six Midwest Boats Traveling to the North Americans This Weekend

The 2018 North Americans, with 54 boats currently registered, will be held beginning Monday at Rush Creek Yacht Club in Heath, TX, just outside Dallas. We (Ben and I) have rented a house with several other sailors, John Kreidler, John Wake, Stacey and Ryan, Bill Bruss and Tyler Andrews, but I know of other midwest sailors staying on big, fancy boats generously lent by the host club.

There will be so many amazing sailors that Ben and I are going mostly for the parties! We'll have fun on the water, of course, and try hard, but we have every expectation of having our behinds handed to us in a gracious, friendly and sportsmanlike way!

See the pool? I imagine we'll spend a lot of time there this coming week


We're bringing our cappuccino maker and I'm bringing binoculars (bird watching) and my swimsuit. I'll be trying to post updates as the days go along, but if I'm having too much fun there may be some radio silence scattered between the posts!

The schedule is this: Saturday and Sunday is check in and measuring. Sunday also will be the juniors event, I believe. The women's event, of course, is now being held September 15-16 at Chattanooga (sign up now, Ladies!). Then Monday will be a three-race round robin to determine whether competitors are in the challenger or the championship fleet. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we'll be racing for reals, with a total of five races for the event. I bet they will be long, hard races!

So, stay tuned and we'll let you know how our stalwart Midwest sailors are doing in this elite competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment