Monday, March 17, 2014

Chilly, Windy Weather

Yesterday (Sunday) was warm with light breezes as we set up our boat,  greeted all our old friends and made some new ones. Other Midwest sailors here: Ryan Malmgren, sailing with Joe Brake (of Carolina District), Eric Bussell and Chris Tesdal, Mike and Jen Faugust, Bill Vogler and Jack McClurkin and us...hmmm, I thought there were six boats, but maybe I mis-counted!

We walked from our bed and breakfast and ate a great dinner at a new restaurant, Brisbi's. I had fish tacos and Ben had shrimp with grits. I love New Orleans food!

Today dawned very cold and windy. We are about to have the skippers' meeting for the warm up regatta. People are gathering, but I confess that I am not enthused about the sailing. The wind doesn't bother me at all, but the cold....BRRRR!!


No comments:

Post a Comment