Thursday, July 30, 2015

Time to Head North to Ephraim!

Okay, well, Midwest sailing has been a little quiet the last few months, at least as far as district-wide events are considered. So now we head to Ephraim, WI, for the second regatta in the Midwest Travel Series. I know we have at least four boats coming up from Clinton and I know that Carlyle sailors have really been traveling a ton too, so I expect to see many familiar faces!

Tomorrow starting at 1 pm Ryan Malmgren and Larry Taggart will be running an on-the-water sailing clinic. Boy, do I wish we could make it for that! But we have an 8-hour drive in front of us and we did not budget enough time to get there that early. BUMMER!!

Weather looks good so far, with plenty of wind. We've been having great, relatively mild July weather in Urbana, and it looks about the same in Ephraim: highs in the mid 80s, low in the high 60s.  Good weather to enjoy the great outdoors!

I'm packing my camera, so stay tuned for a few photos and news....

No comments:

Post a Comment