Thursday, September 12, 2019

I have been bad ... very bad!

Gosh, I'm shocked at myself at how poorly I've been chronicling this sailing season, even after vowing to be better in my last post. Right now, we are packing to go to Dallas for the National Wife-Husband regatta.

It sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend, right? Like a couples retreat? Ha!! When the event was first created by Sandy Eustis (shout out to Sandy!!) maybe 20 years ago? It was intended to give wives a chance to sail a little bit with their husbands and it was a very low-key event. But then many more wife/husband combos starting sailing together all the time. In fact, if you look at any recent national event, you'll see that those kinds of teams often dominate.

You can read a little bit about the history of the event here: https://www.sailingworld.com/racing/flying-scot-wife-husband-regatta/

Not to say this weekend won't be fun! It'll be a blast! But it is no walk in the park, for those of us marrieds who regularly sail together. But I also see that this year there will be a non-spinnaker division, which is AWESOME, especially because there are 10 boats registered for that division. That tells me it's high time that option was offered. Kudos, Corinthian Sailing Club!

I also see that fellow Midwest District sailors Bronson and Rachel Bowling, Ryan Malmgren and Stacey Rieu, Michael and Jennifer Faugust will be there, as well as Fellow Fleet 135 members, Mark and Michele Taylor. Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Which is my cue to sign off, because I gotta go pack, and feed the cats, and all that good stuff!!
More later, in fact, I wrote a post about Ephraim, but somehow it never got posted ... so I'll put that up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment