Thursday, April 23, 2015

Chattanooga Bound!

Ha, ha! Not a Chattanooga photo, but one of my all time favorite photos. Frank and Marianne Gerry at Deep Creek Lake....kind of looks like Chattanooga!!




















Ben and I are heading to Privateer Yacht Club in Chattanooga tomorrow. I've told the story many times about how, just weeks after we'd bought our first Flying Scot (this was in 2005) Ben was so anxious to sail it he begged me to go to this regatta even though we'd never sailed the boat or even rigged it. So we drove, it's a long way for us! And we showed up and all these really friendly sailors came over and showed us how to step the mast and how to rig the jib and everything!

It was windy Sunday and we got T-boned at the start, which pushed us into a tack and then capsized because I was so busy being outraged, I forgot to uncleat the jib. So! It was a memorable regatta for so many reasons!

But we go back faithfully, religiously even, every year. I guess we've talked it up so much that this year at least four or five other Midwest District boats are joining us! I have heard that three boats from Carlyle and Ryan Malmgren from Madison are all headed south. We're looking forward to enjoying the hot racing and great fellowship that Privateer Yacht Club is famous for ... plus, I should mention they have a brand new clubhouse!!

I'll post updates -and photos -
as they become available!

No comments:

Post a Comment